I can’t thank you enough for putting together and conducting such an effective two-day training for my daughters, Tess and Khalan, and me. When the girls were accepted into the Peace Corps, I was excited for their opportunity to be of service and, at the same time, concerned for their safety. Especially when we discovered that Mexico has the dubious honor of being known as the kidnapping capital of the world and that Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. When you add to that the spread of terrorism and the political and economic volatility of less developed/undeveloped countries, you clearly have a recipe for potential danger. One of my first thoughts was how to resource the girls so that they could live, work and travel throughout Central America safely and competently. To me, that meant a quick and substantial upgrading of their self-protection skills.
Enter Gary. After considering several referrals, we chose you because of your professional background and experience. Even though we expected positive results, we had no idea just how much we would all learn by working with your outstanding team of professionals. We were impressed with and felt comfortable with you on all levels…professionalism, technical competency, and teaching capability. The three of us all feel that we have added you and the guys as resources for the long term. Regardless of where we go now in the world, we will walk with more confidence because of you.
Here are a few things we especially appreciated and would like to highlight:
- the emphasis on situational awareness in private residences, restaurants, other public places, and on the street
- techniques for spotting and avoiding potentially dangerous situations
- techniques for evading harassment, assault, or capture
- escape techniques for use if assaulted or captured – ones that work!
- real life scenarios conducted on the street and in public settings
- the truly outstanding quality of your team of expert professionals who worked so patiently and closely with us, encouraging us, and always maintaining a good sense of humor
We look forward to working together with you on some additional activities and training in the near future. In the meantime, I would be happy to act as a reference for prospective clients. Thanks so much for becoming an important part of our team!